After Your Procedure
After Your Procedure:
- You will rest in our recovery area under the care of our specially trained nurses. You may be sleepy or dizzy after your procedure. Your anesthesiologist will monitor your condition.
- You and your family member will be given a written copy of your home care instructions. Please follow them carefully.
- You MUST have a responsible adult drive you home or accompany you if you are using another means of transportation.
- Plan to have someone remain with you through the first night after your procedure.
- Please do not drive, operate machinery or make important decisions for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- You will receive a call from one of our nurses in the days following your procedure to ensure that your recuperation is on track.
- Contact your physician with questions and concerns. In an EMERGENCY - call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you are unable to reach your physician and feel that your symptoms require immediate care.