All laboring mothers should enter the hospital through the main entrance at 300 Pinellas Street. For your convenience, free valet parking is available at the main entrance Monday - Friday, 5am-8pm and Saturday & Sunday, 8am-8pm. Our lobby information desk is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week to greet you and direct you to the newly relocated Labor and Delivery unit.
Our Labor and Delivery unit is located on the seventh floor of our Barnard wing for the next two years while we build a new patient tower to help meet the community's future health care needs.
We appreciate your patience while we work to transform our campus and thank you for choosing Morton Plant Hospital to help you welcome your special delivery. As always, our experienced team of labor and birth specialists is dedicated to helping your newborn get the healthiest start possible.
Here is what you can expect:
- Largest obstetrical program in North Pinellas County
- All board-certified physicians
- A Level II Neonatal Unit staffed around-the-clock by neonatologists or neonatal nurse practitioners
- Affiliation with St. Joseph's Children's Hospital
- One of the lowest Cesarean birth rates in the area
- Private spacious birthing suites with special security including video surveillance
- State-of-the-art pain management program<
- Water birth delivery option available
- Certified Nurse Midwives who provide 24-hour in-hospital service as well as prenatal and postnatal care for the underserved population of Clearwater and surrounding areas
- Family suites for your stay after delivery, including accommodations for dad or another adult person of your choice to stay with you and your new baby
- Amenities include the Pelican Club, which entitles parents to gifts and special discounts, an in-house photography studio in the mother-baby unit and a gift shop, located in the hospital lobby. Photos can be retrieved digitally on E-Nursery.
- Educational classes to prepare you for labor, delivery, breastfeeding and parenting<
- Board-certified lactation consultants available to assist with breastfeeding concerns. Because we are committed to offering breastfeeding mothers the information, skills and support needed to successfully initiate and continue breastfeeding their babies, the World Health Organization and United Nations Children's Fund has designated Morton Plant Hospital as a UNICEF "Baby-FriendlyTM" birth facility. We also have a breast milk donor program to help babies in NICUs in our community.
Pre-register for your delivery online, download our free I Expect Planning Guide, or register for an upcoming class or birth center tour.
Learn how to prepare for your birth day by using our pre-admission maternity checklist.
The Maternity Center at Morton Plant Hospital
300 Pinellas Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Maps & Directions