Orthopedic conditions are on the rise as our population ages. Some startling statistics include:
- Over 40 million Americans have some type of arthritis
- Back pain affects nearly 40% of the populations at some point in time in their life
- Osteoporosis affects seven to eight million Americans - 80 % of whom are women
Morton Plant Mease provides subspecialty physician expertise, which means that no matter your diagnosis, we have an orthopedist that specializes in that type of condition.
We provide a unique patient experience across the care continuum:
- Pre surgical education classes before joint replacements
- Dedicated nursing care
- Highly specialized rehabilitation specialists
We provide specialty care for:
- Total Joint Replacements
- Comprehensive Spine Care
- Sports Medicine Program
- Hand and Upper Extremity
- Foot and Ankle
Physical and Rehabilitative Therapy
Our comprehensive care also includes rehabilitative therapy with specialized equipment and skilled therapists. We use non-invasive therapeutic modalities such as laser, ultrasound and iontophoresis (delivery of drugs through the skin using low-level electrical current) for pain relief. Our therapists also prescribe appropriate exercises based on each patient’s diagnosis and physical function.
All of Morton Plant Mease's orthopedic doctors are board-certified and have years of experience in treating patients with orthopedic problems. If you are looking for a orthopedist, orthopedic surgeon or neurological surgeon, please search our online physician finder. You can also call the BayCare Customer Service Center at (727) 462-7500.