Make a positive difference in someone’s life. Volunteering to help others is not only a wonderful way to support your community, it also promotes wellness and an active lifestyle. Morton Plant Mease Volunteer Resources offers many worthwhile and rewarding volunteer assignments, both inside the health care setting and out in the community. Volunteers use their special skills, learn new skills, meet new people and maintain an active lifestyle!
For specific hospital volunteering opportunities or to help with one of our community outreach programs, call (727) 734-6262 or browse the resources listed below:
How We Serve The Community
Our volunteers go above and beyond when it comes to lending a helping hand:
- Free rides to and from medical appointments through our van transportation services: CareLift, CareVan and HealthRide.
- Phone Care Volunteers provide daily communication to community members enrolled in our free telephone reassurance program.
- Friend-to-Friend Grocery and Pharmacy Shopping service
- Camp Living Springs, a three-day retreat for cancer patients designed to promote healing, relaxation, and to nurture the spirit, annually accommodates 70 campers.
- The Volunteer Nurse Program supplements the work of clinical staff by providing the "softer touches" and valuable one-on-one time with patients and families.
Special thanks to our volunteers for bringing these award-winning and extraordinary services to our community. To learn more about Morton Plant Mease Volunteer Resources, check out the latest edition of the volunteer newsletter.